Good Cholesterol Vs. Bad Cholesterol
We are continuing the theme “Good Vs. Bad”. In Proverbs 4:23, we are instructed, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” With that, today, we’re discussing good cholesterol vs. bad cholesterol.
Focus is placed on two types of lipoproteins:
Low density lipoproteins, called the “bad” cholesterol;
and High density lipoproteins, called the “good” cholesterol.
|Example of a lipoprotein. Image from www.docstock.com.|
|Example of plaque on blood artery walls.
Image from CDC.
|Example of plaque on the coronoal artery (a major blood vessel for).
Image from NHLBI
- Regular physical activity. >>>150 minutes of moderate-intensity every week
- Reduce bad fats. >>> brush up on good fats vs. bad fats here
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet
- Stop smoking. >>>Cigarette smoking can decrease HDL’s, so not smoking will improve your HDL levels.
- American Heart Association >>> Learning about cholesterol
- Dr. Asha’s blog >>> Good fats vs. bad fats
- National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institue >>> High cholesterol in the blood