Presentation Notes: Dayspring WINGS Service
W.I.N.G.S. Women’s Service
Presentation by Dr. Asha Fields Brewer
Title: Am I a Bag Lady?
Date: October 25, 2013
Location: Dayspring Family Church, Bishop Kevin Dickerson & Pastor Sonjia Dickerson, 618 N. Belt Line Rd, Irving TX 75061
KEY SCRIPTURE: 3 John 1:2 KJV-Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
NLT- Good health
- This tells us via Paul that God desires for us to prosper TWICE.
- Notice the link in between…good health.
- Excess baggage can keep us from attaining this prosperity.
- In reviving the body, we have to get rid of some excesses baggage, so ask yourself, “Am I a Bag Lady?
Let’s look at some bags we may have accumulated…
Sleeping Bags– bags under the eyes
- FLUID- dilated blood vessels forcing/pumping nutrients to eyes that are straining to stay awake
- THIN/ DROOPING SKIN- more fat replaces the protein, so the skin becomes baggy.
- Genesis 1:16 KJV– And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:…
- Your greater should be lesser by nightfall
- God separated day and night, so should you
- In regards to sleeping, ask yourself, “Am I a Bag Lady?”
Eating Bags– food/eating bags
- We’re living TO-GO lives ONE-STOP at a time.
- Just as important as WHAT we eat is the ENVIRONMENT in which we eat it
- Racing through meals is not how we take care of the temple, in fact, it’s disrespectful and disobedient.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 KJV– Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
When we’re on the go with all these bags, we lose the essence of eating altogether
We chew less, which means we break down less in the mouth, which means more work for the stomach and intestines, which means less nutrients absorbed overall, which leads to decreased immune function, which means poorer health more sickness and more disease.
- We make poorer decisions, because our brains are starving for carbohydrates. We make quick, reactionary decisions regarding what to eat, instead of cogitating on what is best for our bodies.
- Most detrimental is that we don’t sit down as a family. Breaking bread builds relationships, but it’s hard to do that while rushing, driving, etc.
- In regards to eating, ask yourself, “Am I a Bag Lady?”
Trash Bags– excuses against participating in physical activity
The problems is we’ve gotten really good at making excuses.
Many examples were thrown out by sisters in the audience, and we threw them all away!
It’s time to take out the trash and move! These are Your excuses for inactivity…they are piling up and weighing you down.
If you’re supposed to be accelerating to the next level, how can you do so effectively with all of this trash?
- When God says move, you have to be ready
- David had to be ready to step up to Goliath.
- The Israelites had to be ready to exit Egypt.
- Do you have the physical endurance it takes for your assignment?
In regards to trash bags and excuses, ask yourself, “Am I a Bag Lady?”
The Devil is stealing, killing, and destroying our health, not just because he can, but because we’re making it easy.
Again, 3 John 1:2 KJV-Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
We’re focusing on our souls and not the temple that
protects that soul
represents that soul,
and literally/ physically takes that soul where it’s going.
So again I ask you, “Are You a Bag Lady?”
I was so blessed and honored to share with you. More information about Dr. Asha and Temple Fit Ministries is available at www.doctorasha.com. Love you!! 🙂
© Copyright 2013, Dr. Asha Fields Brewer