TFR Episode #4 Recap- “Your Physical Walk Affects Your Spiritual Walk”
Temple Fit Radio Episode 4 Recap
“Your Physical Walk Affects Your Spiritual Walk”
Aired on 8/14/2013
- Your heart can desire to go somewhere, your mind can decide to go somewhere, but you will remain exactly where you are, until you take that first step.
- Physical feet have two important functions:
- Supporting our body weight
- You were not designed to stand on your head (headaches)
- You were not designed to stand on your hands (overworked and overwhemled)
- You were designed to stand on your feet
- A lever to propel you forward
- Spiritual feet have two functions:
- Your feet are connected to your peace
- Ephesians 6:13,15-Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm…and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
- Matthew 6:34- Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- Let your spiritual feet support your spiritual body weight.
- Your feet are connected to your blessing
- Psalm 119:1-3 Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways!
- God told Moses and Joshua to move their feet in order to expand their territories.
- Let your spiritual feet propel you forward.
- Stop sitting on your blessing and start moving your feet.
Lieberman DE, Venkadesan M, Werbel WA, Daoud AI, D’Andrea S, Davis IS, Mang’eni RO, Pitsiladis Y. (2010) Foot strike patterns and collision forces in habitually barefoot versus shod runners. Nature 463: 531-5.
Marieb, Elaine N. (2004). Human Anatomy and Physiology (6th ed). San Francisco, CA: Pearson Education.