The Salt That Lost Its Savor
Here are some highlights for you!
- Salt has a negative connotation, but salt isn’t all bad. It’s the decisions we make with salt that are bad.
- Matthew 5:13- Ye are the salt of the earth, but if the salt hath lost its savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
- Purposes of Salt:
- BALANCE in the body, as sodium, to help brains, muscles, and organs function properly.
- SALIVATION in the mouth to help start digestion.
- PRESERVE foods for longer shelf life. This is where we need to be more careful with our decisions, due to the “old salt.”
- The American Heart Association’s “Salty Six”
- These are foods that are loaded with excess sodium, and we should be careful with how much of these foods we eat and how much salt we add at the table. Click here for the full article.
Remember to join us next week for special guest Vince Graham, for topic
“Why Christians Ought to be the Healthiest People on the Face of the Earth.”
A Note from Dr. Asha:
Thank you so much for taking this journey of faith with me. I’d love to hear your comments and feedback! Catch me on the web!
See you next Wednesday at 4pm on Heaven 1410!
© Copyright 2013, Asha Fields Brewer